The Mastiff Club of America was incorporated in 1929 to protect and promote the Mastiff. It is the Mastiff parent breed club member of the American Kennel Club.
Who can join?
Membership is open to persons 18 years or older, in good standing with the American Kennel Club, who subscribe to the purposes of the Club, and who agree to abide and uphold the Club’s Code of Ethics, Constitution and By-Laws.
Applicants must be sponsored by two MCOA members who have been members in good standing for at least three years. Applicants will be an associate member (without voting or office holding privileges) for a period of one year.
The objectives of the club are to encourage and promote the selective breeding of quality purebred Mastiffs and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to fit the standard
- to encourage the organization of independent local Mastiff Specialty Clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of the American Kennel Club
- to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Mastiffs shall be judged
- to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials
- to provide for the welfare of the breed through a program of Mastiff Rescue and continuing education
- to conduct sanctioned matches, obedience trials, and specialty shows under the rules of the American Kennel Club.
The MCOA conducts a roving Independent National Specialty in the spring of each year; Check the Club News page for a link to more information about the upcoming Specialty.
The Club publishes a quarterly Journal available by subscription (see MCOA Club Contacts for Subscription Editor’s address) and a quarterly Bulletin for its members
The MCOA offers a Genetic Data Collection Service to individuals and breeders who are interested in researching the genetic background of their dogs (see MCOA Health for more information).
The MCOA is a non-profit organization. There shall be four (4) types of membership open to all persons who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club and who subscribe to the purposes of this Club. They are Junior, Associate, Active and Life. Visit the MCOA constitution & by laws page for more info.
Our Current Board
The following is a list of our current board members for the 2019-2020 election year.